Our Educational Goals, Philosophy & Mission Statement
MTIC’s mission is to provide a program whose graduates are:
- Proficient in the theoretical and clinical application of massage therapy.
- Capable of performing accurate evaluations and assessment of clients.
- Skilled in choosing appropriate massage methods and techniques suitable for each individual client.
- Technically competent in the application of Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Neuromuscular Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial therapy and Reflexotherapy.
- Knowledgeable about pathology, indications, and contraindications for massage.
- Able to make appropriate decisions about referring clients to other health care professionals.
- Able to communicate in a knowledgeable and professional manner about massage therapy to clients and health care professionals.
- Knowledgeable about the correct and safe use of allied modalities for massage, such as liniments, lotions, oils, hot packs, heat lamps, and cold packs.
- Able to establish a legal and ethical massage therapy practice.
Our School Philosophy
At Massage Therapy Institute of Colorado (MTIC) we encourage each student to discover and develop his or her unique potential as a massage therapist through teaching effective massage skills. This is accomplished through a carefully developed sequence of classroom and clinical training that is guided by experienced practitioners who are dedicated to teaching students about the use and benefits of massage therapy.
We know massage is an important healing art. A skilled therapist is capable of providing a massage that relaxes the body and relieves clients of stress, tension, and pain. This, in turn, can heighten an individual’s awareness of physical, mental and emotional processes and as such can provide opportunities for personal growth, transformation, and healing. At MTIC we are honored to share our knowledge with students as they begin their journey into the healing art of massage therapy.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to train massage therapy professionals who are skilled in the professional application of Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Neuromuscular-Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Therapy and Reflexotherapy. The professionals will be compassionate, ethical, and knowledgeable massage therapists who can communicate effectively with their clients and other health care providers about the benefits and use of massage therapy as an important healing art.
Where skill, art, passion and heart come together with informed minds and caring hearts.